The Beginning of a Goal...

I am by no means sporty, I actually dread exercising... it's been like that ever since I can remember even though many years ago I used to exercise just because I knew I should.
Then one day life got on the way - or I allowed it - and I stopped exercising all together. Many years later, after years of trying to get back to it I finally started again today!
Of course it took being scared by a "pre-diabetic" diagnose as well as not wanting to continue disappointing my very sporty daughter - obviously those genes didn't come from me - and being frustrated by not being able to use my clothes! Everyday something else doesn't fit and I keep on wearing the same clothes over and over again.
Soooo since yesterday was such a dreadful day and we got home rather late, the starting date was moved to today and we did it! We made it to the track, walked for 30-40 min, got home and did 2 thirty second planks! How am I feeling? Acomplished and very shaky! Yeah!
According to google: "On average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact." For that reason, I am going to take one day at a time and remember the real reason I am exercising: for my overall health.
Will write updates as I hope it will help keep me motivated to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconscious Mutterings

Sunrise & Sunset